The Saline County Library appreciates your willingness to donate material to us and thanks you for your generosity. All donated material is sorted by staff and determined if it will be placed into our collection or sold in our used book sale. Proceeds from the book sale benefit the library.
Although we graciously accept most items, there are some guidelines we ask that you follow.
1. We cannot accept the following items:
· Encyclopedias or other reference material over 5 years old
· Magazines (with the exception of craft or cooking magazines)
· Material that is water damaged, mold infested, or torn
· Textbooks older than 5 years old
2. We will only allow donation drop-offs on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
You may drop-off inside either location anytime between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Wednesdays or 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturdays. We cannot pick up donations.
3. Material must be in cardboard boxes.
Our staff checks donations to see if the items are in our system. In some instances, donations are added to the Library collection. These are usually books of special or local interest. But most of the donations are added to our book sale room for our book sales.
How do I make a donation?
Donations can be delivered to the either Saline County Library System branch.
Are non-monetary donations tax-deductible?
Yes. The Saline County Library System is a governmental organization and your donation is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution to the extent allowed by law. All book sale proceeds are used to benefit The Saline County Library System.