At the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library in Benton, the Makerspace is open every Tuesday from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM and the third Saturday of each month from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
At the Mabel Boswell Memorial Library in Bryant, the Makerspace is open every Tuesday from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM and the second Saturday of each month from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. If the Tuesday or Saturday falls on a holiday that the library is closed or closes early, the Makerspace will also be closed.
Makerspace equipment available for patrons to use includes:
- 3D printers
- 3D printing pens
- computers with the full adobe creative software suite
- makey makey kit
- HD video camera
- green screen
- sewing machine
- die cutter with an assortment of dies
- knitting/crochet supplies (including a yarn swift and winder)
- jewelry making tools and supplies
- table loom
- art supplies
- origami paper
- leather working tools
- laser engraver (engraves wood, cardboard, plastic, and leather)
- wood burning tool.
We’re also looking for suggestions for more tools to add so let us know if you have an interest in a specific craft or if you have a tool you’d like to donate.
The Makerspace at the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library in Benton is open on Tuesday evenings from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM and the third Saturday of each month from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. If any of those days fall on a holiday that the library is closed, the Makerspace will also be closed.
For safety and supply limitations, participants in the Makerspace must abide by the following rules:
- Patrons age 12 and under may only use the Makerspace if supervised by an adult at all times
- No children under the age of 5 are allowed in the Makerspace.
- Do not remove supplies from the Makerspace
- Patrons will not modify the Makerspace's hardware or software, or install new programs onto the computers
- Computers are for projects only
- When equipment is in demand, patrons will be limited to one hour time slots
- Makerspace equipment will be made available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Patrons may make one 3D print per week
- All 3D prints will be printed at the discretion of the library
- If Makerspace equipment is found to be damaged or missing when a patron is finished, patron may be subject to a fee
- The library is not responsible for any injuries caused by Makerspace equipment
- Patron is responsible for any personal belongings brought into the Makerspace
- The library reserves the right to deny Makerspace access if a patron violates any part of the Makerspace policy
- No food or drinks allowed in the Makerspace
- The library reserves the right to deny Makerspace access if a patron violate any part of the Makerspace policy