Saline County Library has a job opening for a part-time circulation assistant at Herzfeld Library in Benton. This customer service position spends time checking out materials to our patrons, registering people for library cards, and checking in and sorting materials.
The PT Library Assistant, under supervision of the Public Services Manager, is responsible for all public service operations including circulation at the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library in Benton, AR. Must be able to work approximately 25 hours per week.
High School Diploma and customer service experience preferred. The successful applicant needs to be friendly, outgoing, motivated, and committed to providing excellent service in a public library environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidate should be computer literate and willing to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of popular reading materials, movies, and music
- Must like working with people and be able to cooperate with other staff
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods. Requires light lifting and carrying of up to 40 pounds.
- Accuracy in clerical skills such as typing and barcode scanning
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights (until 8:00 p.m.) and Saturdays
- Checks materials in and out
- Registers patrons for new cards and enters data into system accurately and efficiently
- Assists patrons in locating materials and provides reader’s advisory assistance
- Familiarizes self with library policies and adheres to them
- Monitors patron behavior and enforces library code of conduct
- Monitors the Information Desk as needed
- Answers telephone and assists patrons with renewals, lost items, and materials or services questions
$11.19 - $15.39 per hour, depending on experience