The Saline County Library is seeking a bright, dynamic, and enthusiastic manager to provide leadership and direction to a team of public service professionals in the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library. The Library Manager must have a passion for creating an environment of teamwork that embraces change and excellent customer service. He/she must possess effective management skills and experience, and be knowledgeable about the administrative and programmatic operations of public libraries in a suburban setting.
Job Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Pay Grade: 10
Pay Range: $21.84-$32.76 hourly
Reports to: Library Director
Location: Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library
The Library Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library and oversees the public-facing departments.
Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited university plus 5 years of supervisory experience. A professional demeanor and strong initiative to be a library leader are essential.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer and office equipment fluency and willingness to learn new technologies
- Must like working with people and be able to motivate staff and foster teamwork across department lines
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality of records
- Must exercise sound judgment, identify and assess problems, and decisively implement appropriate solutions or recommendations
- Ability to effectively multitask and keep track of ongoing projects and timelines simultaneously
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights (until 8:00 p.m.) and Saturdays
- Supervises managers of Adult Services, Public Services, and Youth Services departments and fosters teamwork and cohesion among departments. Ensures public desks are well-staffed
- Resolves daily issues and suggests policy and procedure changes when necessary
- Focuses overall effort on providing exceptional customer service, including rallying the main library team around this goal and resolving patron complaints as needed
- Builds partnerships with local businesses, community organizations, elected officials and community leaders to further strengthen the branch's relationship with their diverse community
- Serves on Executive Committee aside Library Director, Branch Manager, and HR Manager
- Has overall responsibility for main library appearance and layout, the procurement of furniture and supplies, and the building grounds and maintenance
- Supervises main library maintenance and housekeeping staff, and schedules periodic inspections for building mechanical systems including the security system, fire extinguishers, elevator, and AED machine
To apply, fill out our online application.