The Saline County Library is seeking a bright, dynamic, and enthusiastic manager to provide leadership and direction to a team of public service professionals in the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library. The Library Manager must have a passion for creating an environment of teamwork that embraces change and excellent customer service. He/she must possess effective management skills and experience, and be knowledgeable about the administrative and programmatic operations of public libraries in a suburban setting.
Job Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Pay Grade: 10
Pay Range: $21.84-$32.76 hourly
Reports to: Library Director
Location: Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library
The Library Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library and oversees the public-facing departments.
Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited university plus 5 years of supervisory experience. A professional demeanor and strong initiative to be a library leader are essential.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer and office equipment fluency and willingness to learn new technologies
- Must like working with people and be able to motivate staff and foster teamwork across department lines
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality of records
- Must exercise sound judgment, identify and assess problems, and decisively implement appropriate solutions or recommendations
- Ability to effectively multitask and keep track of ongoing projects and timelines simultaneously
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights (until 8:00 p.m.) and Saturdays
- Supervises managers of Adult Services, Public Services, and Youth Services departments and fosters teamwork and cohesion among departments. Ensures public desks are well-staffed
- Resolves daily issues and suggests policy and procedure changes when necessary
- Focuses overall effort on providing exceptional customer service, including rallying the main library team around this goal and resolving patron complaints as needed
- Builds partnerships with local businesses, community organizations, elected officials and community leaders to further strengthen the branch's relationship with their diverse community
- Serves on Executive Committee aside Library Director, Branch Manager, and HR Manager
- Has overall responsibility for main library appearance and layout, the procurement of furniture and supplies, and the building grounds and maintenance
- Supervises main library maintenance and housekeeping staff, and schedules periodic inspections for building mechanical systems including the security system, fire extinguishers, elevator, and AED machine