The Saline County Library has an opening for a Technology Manager.
The Technology Manager is responsible for managing all information technology activities including ILS administration and automation, communication, and network systems for the Saline County Library.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, two years of public library experience, and two years of supervisory experience preferred. Strong problem solving skills, sound judgement, self-motivation, and the commitment to providing excellent service in a public library are essential.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer fluency and willingness to learn new technologies, plus expert level Polaris knowledge
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and full software development life cycle
- Knowledge of servers, systems administration principles, client architecture, AD, DHCP, DNS, Exchange, Server2012, LAN/WAN/VPN, VLAN, WAP, and VOIP.
- Must like working with people and be able to cooperate with other staff
- Ability to make decisions and supervise the work of others
- Position requires light lifting and carrying of up to 40 pounds
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights (until 8:00 p.m.) and Saturday
- Supervises IT Systems Coordinator and checks timesheets
- Supervises the daily operation of the library’s automated systems and workstations, remaining on call at all times
- Troubleshoots hardware and software issues related to Windows operating systems and servers
- Responsible for design, implementation, integration, and daily operations of the library’s automation and communication systems
- Monitors Wi-Fi traffic and cloud endpoint protection daily
- Serves as point of contact for fire protection and security systems
- Serves as project manager on all new IT system and product implementations
- Familiarizes self with library policies to reach expert level
$18.65-$27.97 per hour, depending on experience