The Saline County Library has an opening for a Shelver at the Bryant branch.
The Branch Shelver is responsible for sorting and shelving all materials.
Must be at least 16 years old, be able to lift 50 lbs., and be able to stand and work on his/her feet for at least 4 hours at a time. The successful applicant needs to be friendly, outgoing, motivated, and committed to providing excellent service in a public library environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidate should be computer literate and willing to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of popular reading materials, movies, and music
- Must like working with people and able to cooperate with other staff
- Accuracy in shelving materials
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods. Requires light lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds.
- Sorts materials onto carts
- Maintains the library shelves through shelving, straightening, and reading and fronting shelves
- Occasionally assists with front desk duties, such as checking materials in and out, and answering patron questions
Starts at $11.00/hour+ depending on experience
To apply for this position, click here.