The Saline County Library has an opening for a Public Services Manager in Benton!
The Public Services Manager is responsible for managing all Public Services staff and activities including circulation, materials shelving, and resolving patron issues.
Master’s in Library Science from an ALA accredited university plus 2 years of supervisory experience are required. Strong leadership qualities, sound judgment, self-motivation, and the commitment to providing excellent service in a public library are essential.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer fluency and willingness to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of professional library principles and practices
- Expertise in library’s resources, services, classification system, policies and procedures
- Must like working with people and be able to cooperate with other staff
- Ability to make sound decisions and supervise the work of others. Ability to make a schedule to fit patron demand.
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods. Requires light lifting and carrying of up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and Saturdays
- Supervises public services employees including creating desk schedule, delegating tasks, monitoring activities, and approving timesheets
- Leads staff and establishes strong morale by setting a motivated, enthusiastic, and helpful tone for the department to create an environment that displays true customer service
- Directs circulation activities, shelving, and training for public services staff
- Drives the department forward by continually improving efficiency and recommending and implementing new circulation processes and patron services
- Manages all aspects of passport service
- Serves as selector for adult fiction collection
- Monitors patron behavior and enforces library code of conduct
- Coordinates with Youth Services and Community Engagement Departments on projects
- Works closely with Branch Manager to ensure processes and policies are followed consistently
$18.93 - $28.39 hourly, depending on experience.
To apply for this position, click here.