The Saline County Library has an opening for an Outreach Coordinator!
The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for coordinating outreach efforts and developing outreach activities to promote library programming, resources and services.
2 years of public library experience or 5 years of marketing, community outreach, or event planning experience are required. Must be organized, friendly, self-motivated, comfortable at multi-tasking, and committed to providing excellent public library programs and services.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer fluency and willingness to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of professional library principles and practices
- Expertise in library’s resources, services, classification system, policies and procedures
- General knowledge of popular reading materials, movies, and music
- Must like working with people and be able to cooperate with other staff
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including late nights and Saturdays
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods. Requires light lifting and carrying of up to 40 pounds
- Confidence in make connections in the community and among organizations
- Responsible for every aspect of outreach program and event execution including planning, organizing, supply ordering, promotion, setup, instruction, cleanup, and evaluation
- Attends community events as representative of the library.
- Works with Manager to coordinate library’s participation in big community events.
- Works public help desk as needed. Answers a variety of questions including technology and computer help, reader’s advisory, general research, and patron information.
- Maintains relationships with community partners in conjunction with Community Librarian and Community Engagement Manager to promote library to target audiences.
- Seeks out alternative sources of funds for programs such as grants, private donors, or service organizations.
$16.06+/hourly depending on experience
To apply for this position, click here.