The Saline County Library has an opening for a Youth Services Manager!
The Youth Services Manager is responsible for managing the library system’s youth spaces, programs, and outreach.
Master’s in Library Science from an ALA accredited university plus 2 years of public library experience are required. Strong leadership qualities, sound judgment, self-motivation, and the commitment to providing excellent programming in a public library are essential.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer fluency and willingness to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of professional library principles and practices
- Expertise in library’s resources, services, classification system, policies and procedures
- Must like working with people and be able to cooperate with other staff
- Ability to make decisions and supervise the work of others. Ability to sufficiently schedule and staff programming, outreach, and help desk duties.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods. Requires light lifting and carrying of up to 40 pounds.
- Leads Youth Services staff using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Directs ongoing formal and informal programming, story time, outreach, singing, and puppeteering training to employees.
- Familiarizes self with library policies to reach expert level.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empowers employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegates responsibility and expects accountability and regular feedback.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
$20.63+/hourly depending on experience
To apply for this position, click here.