Part Time Children's Assistant
Saline County Library has a job opening for a Part Time Children's Library Assistant at our location in Benton. This position works with the public downstairs in our children's department and provides excellent customer service to our patrons. Our Children's Assistant primarily covers the desk at night and on weekends, so you must be available during those times.
The Part Time Children’s Library Assistant, under supervision of the Youth Services Manager, is responsible for assisting patrons, providing reader’s advisory, and general maintenance of the children’s department at the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library in Benton, AR. Must be able to work approximately 25 hours per week.
High School Diploma and customer service experience preferred. This position requires you to be outgoing, friendly, helpful, energetic, and committed to providing excellent service to children and their caregivers in a public library environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidate should be computer literate and willing to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of popular reading materials, movies, and music
- Must like working with people and be able to cooperate with other staff. Teamwork skills are essential.
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods. Requires light lifting and carrying of up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights (until 8:00 p.m.) and Saturdays
- Ability to multi-task
- Assists patrons in locating materials and provides reader’s advisory assistance
- Familiarizes self with library policies and adheres to them
- Monitors patron behavior and enforces library code of conduct, while maintaining a good relationship with youth visitors and their caregivers
- Maintains a neat, fun, inviting, and safe children’s space by hanging decorations, cleaning, and picking up
- Hangs and takes down flyers and signs
- Assists in the preparation of children’s crafts and programs
Position is closed. Saline County Library is no longer accepting applications.