Library Assistant: Interlibrary Loan
The Saline County Library System is looking for qualified applicants for the position of Library Assistant: Interlibrary Loan. The Library Assistant: ILL, under supervision of the Public Services Manager, is responsible for all public service operations including circulation and coordinates all interlibrary loans at the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library in Benton, AR. This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position.
High School Diploma plus 2 years of customer service experience. The successful applicant needs to be friendly, outgoing, motivated, and committed to providing excellent service in a public library environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidate should be computer literate and willing to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of popular reading materials, movies, and music
- Must like working with people and be able to cooperate with other staff
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods. Requires light lifting and carrying of up to 40 pounds.
- Accuracy in clerical skills such as typing, barcode scanning, matching, and counting
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights (until 8:00 p.m.) and Saturdays
- Checks materials in and out using RFID system
- Registers patrons for new cards and enters data into system accurately and efficiently
- Assists patrons in locating materials and provides reader’s advisory assistance
- Familiarizes self with library policies and adheres to them
- Monitors patron behavior and enforces library code of conduct
- Manages all aspects of interlibrary loan service including contacting patrons, procuring, keeping track of, and shipping requested materials
- Monitors the 'Ask Here' desk as needed
- Answers telephone and assists patrons with renewals, lost items, and materials or services questions
To apply, fill out our job application online. Position open until filled.