No Longer Accepting Applications
Saline County Library is seeking a creative, fun-loving, and outgoing individual to join our Marketing team! The library offers an array of free materials and programs and we are looking for someone passionate about letting others know how library services can enrich their lives. Your days will be filled with making goofy videos for social media, attending community events as a library representative, creating graphic art, updating our website, and conducting community research to discover how to make the public library even better for Saline County. This is an entry-level, 40 hours per week, full-time position.
The Marketing Coordinator, under supervision of the Marketing Manager, assists in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of communications and marketing activities for the Saline County Library system. This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position located at the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library in Benton, AR.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications or related field. This position requires you to be organized, innovative, self-motivated, and committed to developing a brand identity that supports the library’s mission and goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidate should be computer literate and willing to learn new technologies. Expertise needed in Adobe Creative Suite
- Must like working with people and be able to cooperate with other staff
- Knowledge of public library and nonprofit marketing trends
- A positive attitude and professional demeanor to represent the library at programs and community events
- Ability to speak in public to a wide variety of audiences, and to network with other professionals in Saline County
- Creates flyers and graphic art to promote library events, programs and services
- Manages website, including adding events, writing event descriptions, and writing news stories
- Takes pictures at library events. Attends meetings and runs booths at community events
- Creates content and updates social media accounts
- Conducts community marketing research and focus groups to assist in strategic planning. Makes recommendations for new services
- Analyzes data to create targeted marketing promotions, including outreach at schools and community centers
- Creates e-newsletter each month
- Assists in updating Marketing plan and establishing Saline County Library’s brand
- Communicates with local media through press releases, weekly emails, and interviews
Starting salary range is $29,836 - $34,497.