The User Experience Librarian: Programming serves the public’s technology and general research needs, and plans adult programming and makerspace programming.
Location: Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library in Benton
Job Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Pay Grade: 7
Pay Range: $14.34 - $21.52 hourly
Reports to: User Experience Manager
Department: User Experience
Master’s in Library Science from an ALA accredited university plus 2 years of public library experience required. You must be organized, friendly, self-motivated and committed to providing excellent public library programs and services.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer fluency and willingness to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of professional library principles and practices
- Expertise in library’s resources, services, classification system, policies and procedures
- Must like working with people and be able to cooperate with other staff
- Expert level knowledge in the library’s nonfiction, and electronic resources. General knowledge of popular reading materials, movies, and music
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights (until 8:00 p.m.) and Saturdays
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods. Requires light lifting and carrying of up to 40 pounds
- Plans and executes entertaining and educational programs for adults including promotion, supply ordering, setup, execution, and clean-up. Works closely with IT Systems Coordinator on Makerspace programming for adults. Assists with other programming for adults as needed.
- Orders and maintains the library’s nonfiction collection, and makes these items accessible to patrons.
- Builds and monitors library displays; hangs and takes down event flyers and signs. Keeps areas attractive and neat, materials shelved, and publications current.
- Works public help desk. Answers a variety of questions including technology and computer help, reader’s advisory, and general research.
- Speaks at community events and assists in library outreach.
- Answers telephone and assists patrons with renewals, lost items, and materials or service questions.
The library is no longer accepting applications for this position.