Mabel Boswell Memorial Library
Job Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Pay Grade: 9
Pay Range: $19.86 - $29.78 hourly
Reports to: Library Director
Location: Mabel Boswell Memorial Library
The Branch Manager is responsible for directing all activities of the branch library including operations, resources, and staff.
Master’s in Library Science from an ALA accredited university plus 2 years of supervisory experience are required. Strong leadership qualities, sound judgment, self-motivation, and the commitment to providing excellent service in a public library are essential.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer fluency and willingness to learn new technologies, plus expert level Polaris knowledge
- Knowledge of professional library principles and practices
- Expertise in library’s resources, services, classification system, policies, and procedures
- Must like working with people and be able to cooperate with other staff
- Ability to make decisions and supervise the work of others. Ability to make a schedule to fit patron demand.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights (until 8:00 p.m.) and Saturdays
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods. Requires light lifting and carrying of up to 40 pounds.
- Supervises branch employees and makes schedule; assigns work and tasks to employees
- Reviews and approves branch employees’ timesheets
- Collection development for branch, including books and supplies
- Familiarizes self with library policies to reach expert level
- Monitors patron behavior and enforces library code of conduct
- Ensures library is clean, orderly, and that systems and equipment are maintained and functioning
- Books Meeting Room and Heritage Room
- Leads staff and establishes a strong morale among branch employees by keeping informed of library news and cultivating an environment of high motivation
- Works closely with Public Services Manager to ensure processes and policies are followed consistently between locations
To apply, fill out our online application.