Friends of the Library
Support SCL by Joining the Friends Group
In March of 2017, a dedicated group of volunteers started the Friends of the Library Group for Saline County Library. Our Friends Group is a nonprofit entity that raises money to donate to the library for special projects.
The Work of the Friends
Our Friends of the Library group opened up a Used Book Store at the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library on February 19, 2019. This bookstore is open any time the library is open, and will close 30 minutes before the library closes. Visitors can browse the bookstore and bring their items upstairs to the front desk to check out. Other accomplishments of the Friends include:
- Providing an outside bench for staff use
- Funding the Saline County Library Experiences magazine
- Adding furniture, book carts and storage solutions to both branches
- Donating used books to local non-profits
To see what the Friends are currently up to, view our newsletter below.
The Friends of the Library are NOT currently accepting donations.
Due to lack of storage space and resale considerations, we are unable to accept all items. The following is a list of items we CANNOT accept:
- Damaged books. Damage would include: damage from water, smoke, mold, broken spines, torn pages and pages written on or highlighted.
- Reference books
- Computer books & manuals
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- MAGAZINES including National Geographic and American Heritage
- Outdated textbooks
- VHS tapes
- Vinyl records
- Audio cassettes
- Bulk packs or other bound study materials
While the library is closed to the public, the Friends of the Library Used Book Store is closed. However, you can visit our Ebay account to browse materials that have been removed from our collection.
If you have questions, email email@example.com.
How to Join
Joining our Friends of the Library Group is easy! Simply stop by the help desk at either library location and ask to join or fill out the form below.