Saline County Library is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Saline County Library takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Saline County Library:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Saline County Library is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Saline County Library. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Saline County Library:
- Phone: 501-778-4766
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Visitor address: 1800 Smithers, Benton, AR 72015
- Twitter: @SCLibrary
- Facebook: Saline County Library (@SalineCountyLib)
We try to respond to feedback within 1 business day.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Saline County Library, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Saline County Library:
- The website is undergoing a redesign for accessibility issues in 2021: Some images and design layers are not visible and have no text alternatives. Parts of the calendar are not accessible because of a lack of focus. We are working with the Office of Civil Rights to correct these errors in design. Please report issues to [email protected].
Saline County Library assessed the accessibility of Saline County Library by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Saline County Library Board of Trustees
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the Saline County Board of Directors, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.