2022 SCL Awards Recap (photos at bottom)
We were so excited to host our first-ever Saline County Library Awards on September 29th, 2022. We presented 30 awards to staff, patrons, and members of the community. The event was held at the Saline County Career and Technical Campus.
The purpose of the ceremony was to highlight the achievements the library has completed over the past few years and to recognize the support from the community to make those possible. Some of the achievements include creating a Nature Play Space at the Benton location, partnering with over 75 businesses yearly in September to offer discounts to customers, providing more access to materials in remote areas by installing lockers in East End and book boxes in Paron, Salem, Shannon Hills, and Haskell, and more.
“It’s amazing what we have done and what’s even more amazing is that with every accomplishment, there was at least, if not several, patrons, friends, neighbors, and business owners right behind us cheering us on,” said Kari Lapp, Community Engagement Manager. “Because of all that support, we are able to grow and expand our services and reach so we can meet the needs of community. Needs like internet access, educational resources, free events to connect with others, or skill building.”
The 29 awards given and their recipients included:
- Distinguished Partners- Pasta J’s in Benton, Healing Waters Outreach, Kwikstitches, Bryant Rotary Club, Everett Buick GMC, Hotworx, Sport Shop, and Whole Hog Café
- Social Contributor- Meredith Mattingly and Melissa Wright
- Staff Milestones- Anna Wagnon (5 years with the library), Brittany Carter (5 years with the library), and Julie Syler (15 years with the library)
- Outstanding Service Award- Belinda Floyd (18 years with the library)
- Volunteer of the Year- Diana McCullough
- Public Services Patron of the Year- Shawn Kessler
- Bryant Branch Patron of the Year- Sheri Browning
- Community Engagement Patron of the Year- Dr. Sam Taggert
- Youth Services Patron of the Year- Nicole Bowen
- Supporter of the Year- Sonia Lucas-Meyer and Vimal Bava
- Going Above and Beyond Award- Anna Wagnon, Grant McKee, Mason Newberry, Bella Cusimano, Brittion Luker, and Taylor Morrissey
- Community Impact Award- Mason Newberry, Grant McKee, and Dana Bloch
Sponsors for the event included First Security, Chicken Salad Chick, Riverside Grocery and Catering, Pasta J’s in Benton, Kroger, Red Robin, Texas Roadhouse, Whole Hog Café, Sugar Dumplin’s Cupcakes, Ann Howard Gifts, Arkansas Medical Staffing, Bodiddle’s Barber Shop, Bodiddle’s Wine & Spirits, Burger Shack, J3L Liquidations, Mayor Allen Scott, Mayor Tom and Cheryl Farmer, Relics Tatoo Studio, Rhonda Sanders for Mayor, Saline County Career Technical Campus, Saline Courier, and Southwest Designs.
We hope to make the awards ceremony an annual event.