We are hosting an art contest for high school, junior high, and middle school art students in Saline County!
Artwork must be inspired by a book or books in general. Each student may submit a maximum of one (1) piece. Registration opens September 1st.
The art work will be exhibited from December 4th through December 31.
Artwork must be two-dimensional, and (including the matt/frame) no larger than 26 inches in length by 26 inches and 4 inches deep, no more than one (1) pound in weight and within the following categories:
- Painting – watercolor, oil & acrylics
- Drawings – pencil, colored pencil, markers, ink, pastels and charcoal.
- Mixed Media – use of two or more medium’s such as pencil, ink etc.
- Computer Generated Art -original computer generated images.
- Photography – can include computer editing as long as the integrity of the piece remains intact.
Each entry must be an original concept: The entry may not be a reproduction of an image from a third party’s work in the same or any other medium; the work may not infringe upon the rights of any third party; the work may not violate the U.S. Copyright Laws.
- The artwork must have been created in the school year 2021.
- We reserve the right to refuse any entries that are deemed inappropriate.
- Artwork Entry Form: Please PRINT LEGIBLY or type and include all contact info.
- We reserve the right to reject any artwork that doesn’t have a proper hanging mechanism.
- Lastly, all artwork must have a label with all student information on the back.
All entries must be received by a Saline County Library Youth Services Librarian no later than November 30th at 5:00 PM.
If you live in Bryant, Alexander, Avilla, East End, or Salem:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Mail to 201 Prickett Rd. Bryant AR, 72022
- Drop off at the youth services desk at 201 Prickett Rd. Bryant AR, 72022
If you live in Benton, Bauxite, Haskell, Traskwood, or Shaw:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to 1800 Smithers Dr. Benton AR, 72015
- Drop off at the youth services desk at 1800 Smithers Dr. Benton AR, 72015
Entries will be judged by panel on December 4th.